Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo Album
Bass – Jesse TurboDrums – Michael Johnson Guitar, Synthesizer [Synth Organ], Piano – KV
|3||Society Is My Friend|
Drums – Mike ZanghiElectric Guitar, Mellotron – Adam GranducielTwelve-String Guitar, Mellotron, Slide Guitar – KV
|4||In My Time|
Drums – Mike ZanghiGuitar, Organ [Farfisa] – KVPercussion – Adam Granduciel
Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar, Piano – KVGuitar [Vibrato], Bass [Outro] – Jesse TurboLead Guitar [Electric] – Adam GranducielPercussion – Mike Zanghi
|6||Puppet To The Man|
Drums, Percussion – Mike ZanghiElectric Guitar, Bass – Adam GranducielElectric Guitar, Synthesizer [Mini Korg] – KVSlide Guitar – Jesse Turbo
Acoustic Guitar, Sequenced By – KVBacking Vocals – Meg BairdBass – Mike PolizzePercussion – Mike ZanghiSynthesizer [Ambient Keys] – Lea ChoSynthesizer [Arp 2600] – Rob Laakso
Bass – Mike PolizzeDrums – Mike ZanghiHarp – Mary LattimorePiano [Outro] – Lea ChoResonator Guitar, Guitar [Noise] – KV
|9||Smoke Ring For My Halo|
Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar, Piano – KVElectric Guitar – Adam GranducielGuitar [Vibrato Guitar], Bass [Outro] – Jesse TurboPercussion – Mike Zanghi
Acoustic Guitar [Lead] – Adam GranducielAcoustic Guitar, Synthesizer – KVDrums, Percussion – Mike ZanghiElectric Guitar – Jesse TurboVibraslap [Vibro Slaps] – John Agnello
Bass – Mike PolizzeDrums, Percussion – Mike ZanghiGuitar [Feedback, Outro] – Jesse TurboGuitar [Tremolo] – Adam GranducielGuitar, Synthesizer [Maxi-korg] – KVHarp – Mary LattimoreKeyboards [Outro] – Lea Cho
|OLE-938-2||Kurt Vile||Smoke Ring For My Halo (CD, Album)||Matador||OLE-938-2||US||2011|
|OLE-938-1||Kurt Vile||Smoke Ring For My Halo (LP, Album)||Matador||OLE-938-1||US||2011|
|OLE-938-1||Kurt Vile||Smoke Ring For My Halo (LP, Album, RP)||Matador||OLE-938-1||US||2012|
|OLE-938-2V||Kurt Vile||Smoke Ring For My Halo (CD, Album, Promo)||Matador||OLE-938-2V||US||2011|
|OLE-938-1||Kurt Vile||Smoke Ring For My Halo (LP, Album, RE)||Matador||OLE-938-1||USA, Canada & Europe||2017|
- Engineer [Assistant At Magic Shop] – Ted Young
- Engineer [Assistant At Minor Street] – Jonathan Low
- Management – Reynold Jaffe
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – John Agnello (tracks: 5), Matt Boynton (tracks: 3), Rob Laakso (tracks: 3)
- Mixed By [Overdubs] – John Agnello (tracks: 2, 7)
- Performer – Adam Granduciel, Jesse Trbovich, Kurt Vile, Mike Zanghi
- Performer [Additional Player] – Lea Cho, Mary Lattimore, Meg Baird, Michael Johnson , Mike Polizze, Rob Laakso
- Photography By [Band Photos] – Shawn Brackbill
- Photography By [Dumpster Photo] – Michael Ast
- Producer – John Agnello, Kurt Vile & The Violators
- Recorded By – Jeff Zeigler (tracks: 2, 7), John Agnello (tracks: 1, 3 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Recorded By [Overdubs] – John Agnello (tracks: 2, 7)
- Recorded By [Some Later Recording] – John Agnello (tracks: 3, 5)
- Written-By – Adam Granduciel (tracks: 3), Kurt Vile
Track 11 is a hidden track, and is known as "Shell Blues".
Recorded (mostly) in March and May of 2010 at Magic Shop NYC, then at Water Music in Hoboken, then finally at Minor Street in Philly.
All by John Agnello except "Jesus Fever" and "In My Time" recorded by Jeff Zeigler at Uniform Recording in Philly.
Overdubs on those two by John Agnello at Minor Street as well.
Mixed by same John at Headgear in Brooklyn & Biquiteen Studio in Amherst.
Some later recordings ensued courtesy of John Agnello (again!) at Headgear, then Bisquiteen, and finally Fluxivity Recording in Brooklyn.
All songs copyright Kurt Vile (BMI) except "Puppet to the Man" by Kurt Vile/Adam Granduciel.
C&P 2011 Matador Records
Comes in a standard jewel case with cardboard slipcase.
- Barcode (Printed): 7 44861 09382 4
- Matrix / Runout: arvato digital services BERTELSMANN 54497729/OLE938-2 21
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0714
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0757
- Copyright (c) – Matador Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Matador Records
- Recorded At – The Magic Shop
- Recorded At – Water Music
- Recorded At – Miner Street Recordings
- Recorded At – Uniform Recording
- Recorded At – Headgear Studios
- Recorded At – Bisquiteen
- Recorded At – Fluxivity Recording
- Mixed At – Headgear Studios
- Mixed At – Bisquiteen
- Mixed At – Fluxivity Recording
- Mixed At – Vacation Island
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Glass Mastered At – Arvato Digital Services – 54497729
Smoke Ring For My Halo - Kurt Vile. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Smoke Ring for My Halo is the fourth studio album by American indie rock musician Kurt Vile, released on March 8, 2011 on Matador. The album was produced by John Agnello, Kurt Vile and his backing band, the Violators. Regarding the album's lyrical content, Vile stated: Its just me and those thoughts you have late at night when nobody is around. It is more a feeling than a statement a general. Philly-based singersongwriter Kurt Vile lit up the indie rock radar in 2009 with his cynical, lo-fi, classic . proto-punk Matador debut. Fans of the visceral, . fuzz-folk that dominated Childish Prodigy may be taken aback by the production upgrade on Smoke Ring for My Halo, but the cleaner sound doesnt mean that the floors arent still filthy. Kurt Vile. Smoke Ring For My Halo. Beggars от лица компании Matador Beggars Catalogues, LatinAutor - PeerMusic, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc. Kurt Vile's fourth full-length may also be his best, as it distills classic American guitar music into one singular and sublime vision. So begins the sharply titled On Tour, a spacious, diary-like explosion nestled just a few minutes into Smoke Ring for My Halo, Kurt Vile's fourth and finest full-length to date. Strings buzz, strummed patterns double back on themselves and from up above it all, the Philadelphia-native showers everything with cosmic, harp-like harmonics. Album 2011 17 Songs. Released March 8, 2011. Smoke Ring for My Halo Tracklist. Baby's Arms Lyrics. Regarding the albums lyrical content, Vile stated: Its just me and those thoughts you have late at night when nobody is around. It is more a feeling than a statement a general wandering feeling. Its kind of a wandering record. Smoke Ring for My Halo Q&A. On a whole, Smoke Ring for My Halo works because it has both lilting atmosphere and a rumbling, if trudging, pulse. Full Review. Best of 2011. Worst of 2011. It took some time for this album to grow on me as it is my introduction to Kurt Vile, but I love it. I love his voice and his great songwriting. 8mo. Plastic Pulse. Midday, late night, sunny summer afternoon, foggy grey on this album in any of those conditions and it still fits. Kurt Vile : Smoke Ring for My Halo,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. March 8, 2011 5:10AM ET. Smoke Ring for My Halo. Will Hermes. Philly's Kurt Vile can sound like Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp or Lou Reed - if those standard-bearers were murmuring through a speakerphone after a few salvia bongs. On Vile's fourth LP, the stoner haze lifts a bit, and he settles on a mood: chilled-out but guarded, and wrapped in gorgeous folk-blues guitar-picking