Camper Van Beethoven - New Roman Times Album
|1||Sons Of The New Golden West (Reprise)||0:21|
|3||The Long Plastic Hallway||5:09|
|7||White Fluffy Clouds||5:01|
|8||The Poppies Of Balmorhea||3:23|
|9||New Roman Times||4:47|
|10||R 'n' R Uzbekistan||1:13|
|12||I Hate This Part Of Texas||2:45|
|13||Sons Of The New Golden West||2:55|
|14||I Am Talking To This Flower||2:30|
|15||That Gum You Like Is Back In Style||4:56|
|16||Los Tigres Traficantes||2:30|
|20||Might Makes Right||2:46|
|OVLP-113||Camper Van Beethoven||New Roman Times (2xLP, Album, RE, RM)||Omnivore Recordings||OVLP-113||US||2015|
|OVCD-113||Camper Van Beethoven||New Roman Times (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||Omnivore Recordings||OVCD-113||US||2015|
|COOKCD317-CDR||Camper Van Beethoven||New Roman Times (CD, Album, Promo)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCD317-CDR||UK||2004|
|COOKCD317PROMO||Camper Van Beethoven||New Roman Times (CD, Album, Promo)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCD317PROMO||UK||2004|
|COOKCD317CLPROMO||Camper Van Beethoven||New Roman Times (CDr, Album, Promo)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCD317CLPROMO||UK||2004|
- Design – Mirissa Neff, Victor Krummenacher
- Mastered By – Brent Lambert
- Mixed By – Alan Weatherhead (tracks: 3, 5, 18), David Lowery (tracks: 14, 16), John Morand (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6 to 8, 10 to 13, 15, 17, 19, 20)
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Backing Vocals – Anne Hege, Casey Martin, Darion Arnette, Julia McCauley, Lauren Hoffman, Nina Gates, Teddy Blanks
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Backing Vocals, Autoharp [MIDI] – John Hickman
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Drums – Ches Smith
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Drums [Live Band Blood And Guts] – Frank Funaro
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Drums, Percussion – Miguel Urbiztondo
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Keyboards [Live Band Blood And Guts] – Kenny Margolis
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Pedal Steel Guitar, Guitar, Synthesizer [Synths] – Alan Weatherhead
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Synthesizer [Analog Synths], Piano – William Grishaw
- Musician [Additional Musicians], Synthesizer [Synths] – Chris Molla
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Bass Guitar, Guitar – Victor Krummenacher
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Drums, Percussion – Chris Pedersen
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Guitar, Backing Vocals, Pedal Steel Guitar, Mandolin – David Immerglück
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Guitar, Vocals, Piano – David Lowery
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Lead Guitar – Greg Lisher
- Performer [Camper Van Beethoven], Violin, Guitar, Synthesizer [Synths], Vocals – Jonathan Segel
- Photography By [CVB Photos] – Andy The German, Troy Gaspard
- Producer – Camper Van Beethoven
- Recorded By – Alan Weatherhead, Bryan Hoffa, Casey Martin, John Morand
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – David Lowery, Jonathan Segel, Victor Krummenacher
- Written-By – Chris Molla (tracks: 2, 9), Pedersen (tracks: 6 to 8, 11, 15, 19, 20), Immerglück (tracks: 4, 13, 19), Lowery (tracks: 1, 3 to 8, 10, 12, 13, 15 to 17, 19, 20), Lisher (tracks: 4, 6 to 8, 11, 13, 15 to 17, 19, 20), Hickman (tracks: 5), Segel (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6 to 8, 10, 11, 13, 15 to 20), Steve Reich (tracks: 14), Krummenacher (tracks: 4, 6 to 8, 11, 13, 15 to 17, 19, 20)
Recorded at Sound of Music Studios, Richmond, VA; Magnetic Recording, San Francisco, CA; and Magnetic Satellite, Oakland, CA.
Mastered at the Kitchen Mastering, Carrboro, NC.
All songs published by Camper Van Beethoven Music Co. (BMI)
Except "Come Out" published by Hendon Music/Boosey & Hawkes,
"Sons of the New Golden West" published by Fingerpaint Music (BMI)
and "Civil Disobedience" published by Bumps of Goose (BMI).
(p)(c) 2004 pitch-a-tent records. Manufactured and distributed exclusively by Vanguard Records, A Welk Music Group Company.
Catalog number 79779-2 appears on jewel case spine and CD label, catalog number PAT22 appears on back cover. Both numbers appear on the 2nd page of the CD booklet underneath their respective record label logos.
The following track descriptions appear in the booklet:
1. A catastrophic attack occurs.
2. A secretive cabal implements their plan.
3. A young Texan volunteers for an elite military unit.
4. Soldiers sing the praises of their weapons.
5. A retired intelligence officer contemplates cryptic transmissions.
6. The young soldier begins to have doubts.
7. Meanwhile civil unrest and right-wing violence in the republic of California.
8. Rest and relaxation in the czarist republic.
9. A coup d'etat in California.
10. The young soldier returns to Texas disillusioned and minus a foot.
11. At a West Texas oasis the ex-soldier is introduced to a narcotic flower.
12. The ex-soldier goes to occupied California, is wined, dined and recruited by TexSecurIntellicorp.
13. The ex-soldier doesn't like his new job, but likes hanging out with drug dealers and arms traffickers.
14. A famous minimalist composer has a pop hit inspired by the anti-fascist riots in Watts, California.
15. The traffickers sell their stuff.
16. (In broken spanish) The ex-sodier attempts to contact members of the CVB resistance group.
17. The ex-soldier takes the oath and joins the CVB.
18. Seemingly disturbed homeless man harangues retired intelligence officer.
19. At a party on the northern coast of California, the ex-soldier has a vision.
20. A suicide bomber prepares for his mission.
- Barcode: 015707977920
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pitch-A-Tent Records
- Copyright (c) – Pitch-A-Tent Records
- Manufactured By – Vanguard Records
- Distributed By – Vanguard Records
- Published By – Camper Van Beethoven Music Co.
- Published By – Hendon Music
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Published By – Fingerpaint Music
- Published By – Bumps Of Goose
- Recorded At – Sound Of Music Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Magnetic Recording
- Recorded At – Magnetic Satellite
- Mastered At – The Kitchen
New Roman Times - Camper Van Beethoven. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей. Текст песни: Im sitting in the sand staring at my shoe The birds, they sing tweet tweet, but I dont hear their tune Sergeant says something close to my face Bells, they ring, they ring and in album Camper Van Beethoven - New Roman Times 2004. Camper Van Beethoven - Prelude. Camper Van Beethoven - Sons Of The New Golden West. Camper Van Beethoven - 51-7. Camper Van Beethoven - White Fluffy Clouds. Camper Van Beethoven - That Gum You Like Is Back In Style. Camper Van Beethoven - Might Makes Right. Camper Van Beethoven - Militia Song. Camper Van Beethoven - R 'N R Uzbekistan. Camper Van Beethoven - Sons Of The New Golden West Reprise. Camper Van Beethoven began stealthily reviving their recording career not long after reuniting in 2000 - while the official line was that their idiosyncratic 2002 re-recording of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk was an older unreleased project, as was much of the material on the 2000 anthology Camper Van Beethoven Is Dead: Long Live Camper Van Beethoven, the truth is both were. recorded following the band's return to touring. However, by 2004 they decided it was time to release a legitimately new album, and New Roman Times was the result. Album 2004 24 Songs. Sons of the New Golden West Reprise. New Roman Times. 4: left Camper Van Beethoven after touring for the third album, reducing the band to a five-piece with Lowery, Krummenacher, Segel, Lisher, and Pedersen - the longest-standing lineup in their initial career. Released in November 1987, the EP Vampire Can Mating Oven preceded a major label bidding war. The EP featured a more streamlined and accessible sound, with Lisher's lead guitar taking a major role for the first time. In 2004, the band released New Roman Times, their first studio album of original material in 15 years. Camper Van Beethoven : New Roman Times,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. For better or worse, Camper Van Beethoven have gone to great lengths to ensure that New Roman Times is no mere nostalgia trip. Never a band to do things by half-measures, here they've delivered a full-fledged concept albumrock opera complete with a daffy plot about a fictional America divided into smaller republics most notably the secular Republic of California and the Fundamentalist Christian Republic of Texas who are at war with one another. The plot isn't always easy to follow- and perhaps we'd all be better off ignoring it entirely- but it does allow the band to employ. Listen to New Roman Times Expanded Reissue by Camper Van Beethoven - a new album release date: February 24, 2015 New Releases Now. Omnivore Recordings is proud to celebrate New Roman Times by presenting an expanded reissue on CD, digital, and double LP. Released in conjunction with the band, and following in the footsteps of last years Omnivore reissues of Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart and Key Lime Pie, New Roman Times features new artwork, extensive notes from Lowery and four previously unissued tracks culled from the sessions